DIY Large Mud Motor Kit - 8HP - 26 HP
RECORD BLACK FRIDAY SALE! - $150 discount!
Our NEWLY DESIGNED kits will fit an 8HP all the way up to a 26HP! Heavy Duty kits for a wide selection of motors! Includes everything you need except the engine. If you decide you don't like the 13HP motor, upgrade the motor to a 22HP without having to upgrade the kit!
Due to season surcharges, its $80 extra to ship the 100in shaft.
CLP is the leading manufacturer of Thailand Long Tails. CLP is an engineering company that has perfected the design of the Long Tail. Their design is the most efficient on the market. They use high grade, polymer and metal alloy bushings unlike the competition which uses wood bushings. The shaft is mounted to the engine with a perfect, direct fit through the use of an adapter that has splines. The result of these features creates less vibration or power loss. The power is transferred to the prop in the most direct and efficient way. CLP has worked with Beaver Dam Mud Runners to develop a heavy duty Thailand Long Tail for the North American Market. See our parts list below to see why our kit is the toughest and best on the market.
LIFETIME WARRANTY ON MOST PARTS
All of our kits now include a $28 wiring harness for the Kill Switch- "plug and Play" with most engines!
These kits will fit various brands including the Harbor Freight Horizontal Engines(8-22HP) and Honda Engines. Please scroll down for more details on engines.
Video of 16 X 48 Jon Boat and 13HP Honda going through mud,weeds, logs and stumps:
Video of 15ft River Hawk and 6.5 CLP going through mud,weeds, logs and stumps:
See how easy these are to assemble. No welding required. Everything Bolts together:
Kits include heavy duty metal alloy end bushing, upgraded internal, heavy duty bushings, angled handle, Extra Wide and Deep Transom Mount, squeeze type throttle, high quality kill switch and a spare prop (over a $250 value)
Parts included in Kit:
- -Coupler Assembly with Grease Zerk Fitting- we don't use wing nuts because you should always carry a crescent wrench to change props.(helps keep you from forgetting it) However, we send extra bolts in the kit that have wing nuts(can be used with the transom or with coupler)
- -Safety Kill Switch And Eye Bolt to Mount it- we use a high quality kill switch with thick hard plastic that lasts a long time in the sun - also has a button that enables you to cut the engine off without reaching down to the engine or pulling the lanyard loose
- -ANGLED/BENT Handle w/ NEW SQUEEZE TYPE Throttle Control and Cable- Galvanized - Adjustable and allows you to stand up or sit down when running the motor- (we offer straight handles by request also) Squeeze throttle is spring loaded and has plenty of play to go from idle to full throttle.- You can adjust the height of the handle by tilting it left or right. Most jon boats have a rear seat that gets in the way of maneuvering the motor with a straight handle. We suggest getting a bent handle- If you don't like it, buy a piece of pipe at the hardware store for a straight handle. Most people like the adjustable bent handle.
- -85" or 100" Galvanized Heavy Duty Shaft- Three grease fittings - We Don't Use Wood Bushings like others. We only use High Grade Polymer and Metal Alloy Bushings. Some companies offer upgraded shafts and bushings for an extra price but all of our shafts are heavy duty and designed for a variety of environments including saltwater. Our end bushing is a metal alloy because weeds and fishing lines can easily burn up a plastic end bushing. Our shaft and shaft housing is thicker than our competition. Some companies offer upgraded shafts for an extra price but all of our shafts are heavy duty and designed for a variety of environments including saltwater.
- -Engine and Throttle Handle Bracket- Heavy Duty Thick Steel with Bushings and Grease Fittings- Option for right or left hand steering- We use heavy duty tubes with large bolts to secure the handles to the engine bracket unlike our competition that uses two small separate brackets with small bolts.
- -TWO Aluminum Surface Piercing Props
- -Heavy Duty Transom Bracket- Best and Largest on the market- Thick steel with Grease Fitting- 3.75in tall/deep, 10in wide, and 3 Bolts with Cups
-Video on Transom Brackets- This kit has the widest one now- https://youtu.be/OA7QMKVzk-E
- -All hardware needed for assembly except the engine
-You will need to purchase a battery and cables for Electric Start Motors. Purchase the correct size cables that are recommended by the engine's owners manual.-You will need to purchase a fuel line and a gas tank for most V-Twins. The Harbor Freight 22HP will need a low PSI electric fuel pump.
Engine Specification Requirements for the 8HP - 24HP Kit
Horizontal output shaft
- 1" inch diameter shaft (non-tapered) with keyway - We now have kits that will fit 1 1/8in shafts- email us if you would like a kit that will fit a 1 1/8in shaft(the kit automatically comes with an adapter for a 1in shaft unless otherwise requested.)
- Shaft Length- 3 31/64in - The shaft length can vary some
- Side cover bolt circle diameter must be: 5 inches
- Base bolt pattern: 7 11/16” X 3 3/4” (we now have brackets that are bigger and different bolt patterns can be drilled- email us for more info)
- Pictures of Side and and Base Measurements- Click Here
These Kits fit Harbor Freight Horizontal Engines- 8HP(301cc), 13HP(420cc) and 22HP(670cc) V-Twin-
We have kits that will fit 1 1/8in shafts and other bolt patterns- email us if you would like a kit that will fit a 1 1/8in shaft(the kit automatically comes with an adapter for a 1in shaft unless otherwise requested.)
These will fit MOST Honda & Briggs Vanguard HORIZONTAL V-twin engines between 8 & 24HP- Email us the specs so we can make sure your engine will fit this kit. We also can make custom adapters for a fee depending on availability and time.
WE ALSO ACCEPT PAYPAL - EMAIL US AT firstname.lastname@example.org TO USE PAYPAL
Normal Price: $675
Our Price: $525
Product Code: BDMR-496